Saturday, January 17, 2009

Absolutes!



Prayer,
Obedience,
Sacrifice, &
Purity

These are 4 major aspects of Jesus'  character that I feel like I need to model more.  The mantel of leadership is being plced over my life whether I want it or not, and people are really starting to look up to me for guidance and wisdom.  It's making me feel really uneasy because I don't feel like I have all my ducks in the right order yet.  I know my sin and it makes me ashamed to lead others.  I know that God has grace over me, but the whole "higher calling" aspect of it all makes my skin crawl.    

Its funny how different things in life kind of overlap.  For example, at Cracker Barrel we have a new "motto" so to speak.  It is called the "One best way" (OBW)  This OBW is replacing Cracker Barrel's "Best Practices" as a new model for how stores should run and everyone works together as a team.  This OBW is defined by a list of job functions called "absolutes."  I laugh every time my general manager starts talking about the OBW and the absolutes because he always asks this question,  "What does absolute mean?  It means  non-negotiable, it must happen every time."  He says it with this heavy greek accent that just cracks me up.  

You are probably wondering why I'm talking about the C.B. all of the sudden, which brings me back to "Its funny how..."   You see, I was just thinking about my 4 areas of Christ-like character and I think I heard God talking to me in my Manager's voice,  "These ar non-negotiable, they must happen!" I'm telling you I heard it in my mind-- Greek accent and all.  Was it really God's voice?- probably not,  But I am convinced that God reminded me of the CB for a purpose.  He really wants me to nail these absolutes down,   every day, every time.     

Prayer, Obedience, Sacrifice,  & Purity-- my character/ministry non-negotiables.  


Thank you Father for giving me direction and the grace you give through the sacrifice of Christ Jesus.  Thank you Jesus for the forgiveness and second chances your death,, burial, and resurrection has offered me in life.  Thank you Holy Spirit for leading me and helping my character become more like Christ's.


I just have one question though,   why did you have to use Cracker Barrel?  I'm going to hear a greek accent every time I think about this now....  :(  

 

1 comment:

  1. lol, that's funny about Tom!!

    PS, the theme of my most recent post is eerily similar to yours...

    ReplyDelete