Tuesday, December 30, 2008

exploding Gars and wizards fire

So I almost died today.  I was watching a tv show on Zulu.com that was based off of a fantasy series called The Sword of Truth.   I never thought magic could be portrayed so cheesily in my life.  I had to invent an adverb to describe it: cheesily.  Hahahaha   So there is this wizards fire stuff, and in the books it is supposed to be this superheated flame/plasma that eats through everything it touches.  It is supposed to be the most bad-ass thing a wizard can do.  (I'm not praising the books here,  just trying to get a comparison.)  

How does this get depicted in the Yeard's masterful tv series?   It looked like a 1960s film special effects.   Im not joking when I say this.  the gar explodes something akin to the gay santa banana thing in "Charlie the Unicorn 2."  

Follow these links to get an understanding.   

First,   we have Charlie the Unicorn,  a YouTube video.  Amazing.  I love it.  It is one of my favorites.       


Speed ahead to 4:25 to get the explosion I'm talking about.

now, it is time for  "The Legend of the Seeker"

speed ahead to   32:10 to watch the gar get destroyed by wizards fire.

Now tell me...    Aren't these exactly the same kind of explosion?  I'm amazed that this tv show got away with these special effects.    


To get more of these magickal special effects, skip ahead to 49:25 and 54:32



Oh and don't forget a nod towards Monty Python and the Holy Grail at 59 minutes.  She's a witch!!!!!   hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha


I swear, I almost died.  I laughed so hard I started to cough and and now my chest hurts.   lol


wowowowow   

hahaha

Legend of the Seeker



Ryan Adam Ramsey

No comments:

Post a Comment